How to apply

Q: How can I receive the Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

A:J Kokusai Gakuin is a school that receives authorization from The Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education so there is no need to worry about applying for COE with our school.

Q: If I have already got the Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of Upper Secondary School Graduates, can I apply?

A:The students who receive Proficiency Level of Upper Secondary School Graduates have same level of education as High school. Therefore, it is possible to apply.

Q: If I can’t speak Japanese well, can I apply by myself?

A:There are staffs who can speak Korean, Chinese, English and Vietnamese in our school so student can ask for more information about procedure of application in other languages beside Japanese.

Q: What kind of documents do you need as financial supporter?

A:Financial Supporter is the person who will be the responsible of all expenses while student is staying in Japan. Your parents may be financial supporters. Required qualifications are stable income and possible to present any working identifications, (business owner can use copy of business registration documents), financial statements from bank (approximately 3,000,000 yen or equal to your country currency). Furthermore, immigration department may also ask for other documents related to tax payment, Explanation of Funds Formation Process, identification or proof of relation with applicant.

Q: If I travel to Japan with temporary visa for a few times, can I apply?

A:It depends on the reasons and how often you travel to Japan. Please ask our staffs for more information.

Q: If I would like to continue to regular course after I finished short term course, can I change my visa in Japan?

A:If the result of COE comes out during the stay in Japan, student can change visa in Japan as long as they complete the enrollment process. Unfortunately, there is time limit and requirements for short term residence. Please ask staffs for further details.

How to enter university

Q: When can I apply for university in Japan?

A: The application date are different in each university so please ask the academic affairs department.

Q: What is the difference between Examination for Japanese University (EJU) and Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)?

A:EJU is to evaluate the proficiency of Japanese language and basic academic abilities of international students who wish to study at undergraduate level in universities or other higher educational institutions in Japan. The examination is held 2 times a year in June and November.
JLPT is to evaluate Japanese level for foreigners and there are 5 levels from N5 to N1. The examination is held 2 times a year on the first Sunday of July and December. Students who passed N1 or N2 might be able to enter university or vocational school without taking any Japanese Test during enrollment.

Q: What are the requirements of applying for university in Japan?

A:Students have to complete 12 years of education in their home country or any qualifications on same level. Also, students have to pass or will pass JLPT at least level N2.(Beginners can reach N2 level after 1 year studying.)or score at least 200 points at Japanese test of EJU. If students have one of above qualifications, they are recognized to apply the universities in Japan.
Unfortunately, application requirements are different from each university so please ask the person in charge of entering to higher education.

About life in Japan

Q: Can I do part-time jobs in Japan? And what kind of jobs I can do?

A: Students can do part-time job however the permission of Engage in Activity accquired from immigration department is required. If it is granted, students can do part-time jobs 28 hours per week. Most of students work in supermarket, convenience store and restaurant. Part time jobs which is immoral are prohibited.

Q: How can I find a place to live?

A:Our school provides dormitories nearby for students. We believe that it would be hard for students who do not have any relatives or friends in Japan to help them find a place to live. Therefore, we recommend students to live in school dormitories. When students start getting used to the life in Japan and speak more fluent in Japanese, they can find an ideal place according to their expectation by themselves. At the meantime, our school will help to confirm the rental agreement so there is no worries. However, deposit, security deposit and guarantor in Japan are required in some cases. If you need a help to find an apartment, we can introduce the real estate that has the business partnership with us.

Q: What should I do if I get sick or injured in Japan?

A:We have cooperated clinic called “Renge Clinic” where students can have consulation when they feel sick or get injured with special price. Also, students are arranged to take the medical health check every year. We provide life of study abroad with detailed health management to make students feel secured.

Q: Is Wi-Fi available at school?

A:Yes, students can use free Wi-Fi on 1st and 2nd floor at school.

Q: Does school provide scholarship?

A: Yes. Please click here for more information.

Q: Besides Japanese Language, can I learn any other subjects?

A:Our school provides Nursing care course and Business Japanese lecture (January term) and field trips to Japan firms, student can learn more about Japan culture with various perspectives. (twice a year). For the students who aim at entering university, J Mugenjuku provides English and Math class or any general subjects. (additional fee will be required.)

[Please feel free to inquire.] Japanese language school located in Osaka, Japan. Japanese Communication International School. Please call at 06-6532-7480. Please contact us by e-mail.
↑to top page